QT to DT Transfer. Does PH need to match?

  • Thread starter Thread starter liamelias
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

liamelias

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
104
Reaction score
21
Location
Bloomfield
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on moving my fish from QT to DT today. Was going to just scoop them with a container and drop straight into DT with no Acclimation.
Salinity and Temp match, however my PH is 7.6 in the QT and 8.3 in the DT. Seems like a big jump. What can I do to raise my QT PH, just PH buffer? Should I wait a couple of days? I’m
 
I was planning on moving my fish from QT to DT today. Was going to just scoop them with a container and drop straight into DT with no Acclimation.
Salinity and Temp match, however my PH is 7.6 in the QT and 8.3 in the DT. Seems like a big jump. What can I do to raise my QT PH, just PH buffer? Should I wait a couple of days? I’m
Just take a scoop of display tank water and use it to acclimate the fish to that.
I would use a small bowl, shouldn't take very long to do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new