QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSreef75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PSreef75

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2025
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Location
Shingletown
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to think about doing a QT tank before adding any more fish to my tank. My questions are is QT’ing coral recommended? What do I do with the tank when not QT’ing do I just leave it with water and filtering so it is ready at all times? I do know I may need it for a hospital tank and some time but do I just refill it when needed? I make my water so I always have some ready.
 
I would empty it when it's not being used.
As far as QTing corals, you can so you make sure there are no pests on them.
 
Thank you for the reply this will definitely help me make a decision.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new