Quad blue 55g barrel water stations

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

currently rebuilding my fishroom at the new house, and since I’m planning to upgrade in the next year or so, and incorporate AWC on my current 220 system, I want to upgrade my water production.

I currently have an over/under system with 2 blue barrels- rodi up top gravity feeds the SW barrel, and a pump circulates the salt to mix, and distributes it to various tanks via a hose. I like gravity feed for the RODI since it’s free, and it also lets me replenish my ATO containers via a float switch activated apex controlled relay.

I want to do a 2x upgrade, and have 2 barrels up top for rodi and 2 below for SW.

The top ones will be joined together with 1.5” pvc and uniseals, with a valve to dump into the SW barrels.

the lower SW barrels with be mixed with a manifold pump, and offset about 8” forward compared to the RODI barrels to allow access to drop bags of salt in there.

Anyway- just plans and talk at this point. I don’t recall seeing any Quad blue barrel water stations- anyone have something similar to what I described?

I want to go this route since I already have 5 barrels, and spending $600 on 2 x 100 g vertical tanks is not a smart financial decision.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ppls salt mixing stations are crazy these days. Lol.
Kudos. Right on. Good for you. Its good to see ppl have sw or fresh rodi at all times...
-d
First thing I did even before buying my first fish was make sure I had capacity for a big water change and have enough reserve RODI to make a full bag. My 50/50 gallons has served me well, and is great in batch mode, but I want to move to a more consistent AWC of 3 gallons a day- and 100 gallons of salt water made up will mean I can go almost a month without having to make a new batch.

plus- if/when I move up from 220 to 400gallon display, I’m going to need the extra volume.

I’m just not prepared to spend $600 on water containers. That’s crazy

Back