Quality marine. Fish and corals

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever ordered fish from then or know local stires that do ? My local store where i live in norther va orders fish and corals from there. And no where else and i noticed all his tanks are velvet infested. His corals also have a infection going on affecting lps. Unfortunatly that spread to me.

Just curious if other people have noticed this ? Seems all this guy gets are sick fish and infested corals. Not sure why he keeps ordering from them

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite LFS gets large orders from QM weekly. The fish and corals always look good and I’ve never seen velvet in their tanks.

IMO, if a LFS has tanks full of velvet infected fish for sale that means they don’t really care about the fish or their customers. Sad.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked at a store that ordered from QM 90% of the time and in large quantities. Most of the fish always came in healthy which was why we tended to order from them over other wholesalers

OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you guys had good experiences.. but this store being new. Had no fish or corals from other people.. only quality marine and ne and a bunch of experienced people have noted velvet in his tanks. He has 4 seperate systems.. but they all have it. His purple tang looked like powdered sugar all over.. and white eyes.. was horrible

He qts the fish in copper. So they get better. But then he puts em bsck in the main tanks.... but does nothing about the main tanks and yet he keeps selling fish outa them.. because he needs the sales.. i get that... but yea my infection thats devastated my tanks lps came from his corals. As his lps are doing it too.. i just thought it was his water but it turned out nit to be true after it soread to my system

And they came from quality marine. Thats why i asked the question to see if it was wide spread

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you guys had good experiences.. but this store being new. Had no fish or corals from other people.. only quality marine and ne and a bunch of experienced people have noted velvet in his tanks. He has 4 seperate systems.. but they all have it. His purple tang looked like powdered sugar all over.. and white eyes.. was horrible

He qts the fish in copper. So they get better. But then he puts em bsck in the main tanks.... but does nothing about the main tanks and yet he keeps selling fish outa them.. because he needs the sales.. i get that... but yea my infection thats devastated my tanks lps came from his corals. As his lps are doing it too.. i just thought it was his water but it turned out nit to be true after it soread to my system

And they came from quality marine. Thats why i asked the question to see if it was wide spread
Yeah I mean it’s always possible wholesalers send out sick fish or the fish develop an illness in transit or shortly after. The amount of stress the animals go through from the time they’re picked from the ocean until the reach a store is very high. If it were me I’d probably be more disappointed in the LFS than the wholesaler.

OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trust me.. i told the owner back in Feb when he opened he had velvrt... and i suggested he put his tanks at 1.015 salinity or do copper in them. At say .35 to keep the ich and velvet at bay.. Since he has a seperate invert system why wouldnt he do that ?.

11 months he still hasnt done anything about it. I know petcos with better looking fish lol.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trust me.. i told the owner back in Feb when he opened he had velvrt... and i suggested he put his tanks at 1.015 salinity or do copper in them. At say .35 to keep the ich and velvet at bay.. Since he has a seperate invert system why wouldnt he do that ?.

11 months he still hasnt done anything about it. I know petcos with better looking fish lol.
Some stores just don’t get it. We had a 6 tank system with copper and 1.018 salinity and 4 other tanks that we kept hardier fish in. Any tanks/systems that had outbreaks were labeled and nothing could be sold from them. Hope you have some better luck next time!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back