Quanta Pro Meso LED bar mounting bracket installation and update

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the quanta pro lights come with a hinged mounting bracket, but no installation instructions. They assume you will figure it out on your own, which for some people, might not be easy. I had to stare at it for 20 min before I figured it out. I just want to make a post to not only show a picture of how it should look once assembled, but also share my setup for how i mounted them on a bracketed light stand above my tank. My stand might work for someone else out there so figured i would share that too.

This is how the quanta bracket should look once assembled.
IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Here is how i attached them to a home made Bracket stand. I used those plastic tabs to keep the board from sliding down past my aquarium. those catch on the rim and are what determines my lighting height.

IMG_2028.PNG
IMG_2027.jpg

Here is the final product. You can see my other light mounted in center with conduit straps since i couldnt mount to edge of aquarium as it was too close to wall. lol.

completed tank.jpg

For anyone interested in the quanta pro meso blues, they look great, and the par level is about 200 at top and 90 at bottom without my other light, and those numbers are cut down by about 20% because i went with a black mesh screen top instead of clear mesh.

OP
OP
Reef Puncher

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing this!
Hey i watched one of your youtube videos, i think it was on Dinos a while back!! Or UV sterilizers or something. Been a while.

I also added a dimmer to the quanta pros, Luca is finally going to release his own dimmers for the lights in a couple months but a amazon app control works too. i just wanted to post that in this thread in case anyone buys these and sees the post.

Rip Current

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i watched one of your youtube videos, i think it was on Dinos a while back!! Or UV sterilizers or something. Been a while.

I also added a dimmer to the quanta pros, Luca is finally going to release his own dimmers for the lights in a couple months but a amazon app control works too. i just wanted to post that in this thread in case anyone buys these and sees the post.
Can you link me to the app control?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back