Quarantine chaos

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I dropped the ball on my new 20 gallon quarantine and waited my usual 1 week for a water change vs every few days, now I have nitrite/nitrates up. nitrite was at .50 ppm and nitrate spiked at 40-80ppm. Noticed due to angry finger leather, and thankfully only 2 turbo snails in there. Wondering if they will be able to survive until tomorrow for a 100% change into a new quarantine with water taken from main DT or acclimate them in bags tonight to DT water and hold them there until I can do the change tomorrow.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, jmo but i think will be fine until tomorrow,if ammonia is high also,i would be worried about snails,if you can swing it,
take 3 1/2 gal from DT ,put coral and snails in bucket ,throw towel over to slow temp cooling,until tomorrow.
no need to acclimate if salinity is same. best wishes.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, jmo but i think will be fine until tomorrow,if ammonia is high also,i would be worried about snails,if you can swing it,
take 3 1/2 gal from DT ,put coral and snails in bucket ,throw towel over to slow temp cooling,until tomorrow.
no need to acclimate if salinity is same. best wishes.
Thankfully ammonia is 0 i just think i didnt have enough sponges with established bacteria so it wasnt keeping up with nitrite @.@ but glad to know they will be ok until tomorrow. First time i needed a QT tank so def a lesson learned.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back