Quarantine process for invertebrates

Aspiring Tank Guru

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
67
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on getting a cleanup crew and am wondering what the best way to quarantine is? Do I need to quarantine, if so how long, yes or no to sand and rock, is it ok if there is not much algae in there?
 
I would get a cleanup crew for a credible source like liveaquaria or reefcleaners.org so you know your getting the best possible pest free. Now you can't really quarantine invertebrates just because they don't carry what you would think fish do. Like how invertebrates don't get ich. I would just make sure to inspect the shells of the crabs and snails and make sure there's no hitchhikers.
 
Invertebrates can be carriers of ich though is my understanding. Ich just can't complete it's life cycle without a fish host, so quarranyining the cuc for a few weeks certainly wouldn't hurt if you don't trust them. I could be wrong, but I could be right too ;)
 
Does anyone have experience with inverts from liveaquaria bringing hitchhikers or ich into a DT?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new