Quarantine Setup Made Easy

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article QUARANTINE SETUP MADE EASY. Please add to the discussion here.

Thats a lotta filtration u got theree
My QT tank has: (20 gallon long)
  1. 1 Seachem pH alert and ammonia alert combo
  2. 1 fluval 207 canister (I dunno why I just love these canisters so much even for a QT tank) even so its not as much as ur 3 C3s and 3 sponge filters. Mine gets a constant flow across the tank
  3. I have 3 sections in my QT tank 2 dividers.
  4. I have a cheap marineland strip light on it.
  5. 1 100W theo UL heater
  6. I have the same thermometer that u have frankly, thats the same thermometer I use for all my tanks (sw or fw). My largest one has an apex probe and that.
  7. and a couple of plastic flowerpots for shelter

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article thank you! Why do qt articles never suggest Seachem Prime? It detoxifies Amonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate. Can be a life savor in emergencies. Some suggest it cannot be used with copper but I have used it with Copper Power, Praziquantel, and Kannaplex with no problem other than it drops PH quite rapidly so be careful about that. What Bacterial and Fungal medications have you guys used that doesn’t nuke the Bio Filter?

narkotix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone else does this but as I don't have room to keep my QT tank active, I keep the Qt running in a 3 gallon bucket in my garage ( in tank filter, heater, marinepure blocks) so when I do need to reactivate it, i simply take out my 15g tank, stand, powerhead and pipes out of storage and then quickly re-establish it with precycled media. Once im finished after 3 months (i don't take any chances), I remove as much copper & medication i can out of the water with carbon and water changes, then move the media and filter out of the tank and back into the 3g bucket. Everything else gets moved back into storage and that bucket goes back into the garage. I control the mini cycle via water change and regularly feed that bucket to keep it going.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back