Quarantine Tank Chiller

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've never hear of this, you haven't had to ask of others how to solve a bacterial infection on seahorses, or, you haven't been in the hobby long enough and on the right place for information.

Been in the hobby ~15 years, with almost no experience with seahorses. With some reading, I see it is commonly suggested to drop temp on seahorses with Vibrio.

Usually, messing with temp just causes more stress to what we keep, and I hadn't seen that suggested before. That's why I asked.

OP
OP
cassilyn

cassilyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more airflow you provide the stronger the wind-chill effect. I'm actually cooling my 100-gallon display tank (total system volume 200 gallon) this way and just use a single ultra high power computer fan that can deliver 250 CFM. The downside of that fan is that it sounds like a jet engine but the tank is in the garage so I don't care. It actually manages to keep the system at 27 °C even if the garage is 33 °C hot.
You can get a higher temperature difference if you Isolate the tank on bottom, back, sides, and front well with styrofoam sheets.
Wonderful! Thank you so much. I'll be looking into this as soon as my tank is cycled. You've been a lot of help.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back