Quarantine Tank on Uneven Floor

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 24-gallon AQUATOP all-in-one aquarium and stand to use as a quarantine system. Unfortunately, the floor is incredibly uneven and causes the aquarium to wobble, even after using wooden shims under the stand. This has me rethinking my quarantine setup.

I have been thinking about purchasing a standard 10-gallon aquarium and placing it on the floor, foregoing a stand. However, the floor is uneven, and I don’t want to put stress on the aquarium. So, I’m looking for a solution that will allow me to safely support a 10-gallon aquarium, on the floor, while preventing issues that may arise due to the unevenness of the floor.

Can I put a foam support under the rimmed, standard 10-gallon aquarium? If not, then I’ll do what I can to keep the AQUATOP from wobbling, but that’s not my first choice.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with closed cell pore foam. It will help to stabilize it. Not sure why you can not shim the feet to make the stand secure though.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with closed cell pore foam. It will help to stabilize it. Not sure why you can not shim the feet to make the stand secure though.
I just finished shimming it, and it’s much better than it was before. I had to find a better spot on the floor. Some of the 8” shims were not even touching the stand, and they were pushed in as far as they could go, while others were about 4” in. It took me days to level my Waterbox in this room with its 24+ leveling feet. I know what I’ll be ensuring when my wife and I move from this apartment into a home — much more level flooring.

Back