Concrete

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues putting a 150 aquarium and stand directly on concrete sub floor? I think if I out a moisture barrier sheet under the tank I should be fine? Checking to see what you all think.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the whole floor concrete or did you put the flooring around the tank? Did you put a moisture barrier under the tank , I’m in Florida where humidity is crazy so was thinking i may want to do that so the concrete slab doesn’t let moister get to the bottom of the stand

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 350 gallon directly on concrete slab.

Lvp around it.

If you're worried, just seal the concrete
On a side not did you glue the LVP or is it floating, I’m hearing with floating LVP it sounds hollow when walking on it.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a side not did you glue the LVP or is it floating, I’m hearing with floating LVP it sounds hollow when walking on it.
It's floating. We put it throughout our house. Most of my house is on top of a crawl space. I haven't really noticed anything.

That doesn't mean it's not there. I just haven't noticed it. The stuff that we got has a pretty thick soft pad on the back of it.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the whole floor concrete or did you put the flooring around the tank? Did you put a moisture barrier under the tank , I’m in Florida where humidity is crazy so was thinking i may want to do that so the concrete slab doesn’t let moister get to the bottom of the stand
I would just paint something over the concrete. Some of that dry lock or something.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back