Quarantine time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruzoko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ruzoko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
322
Reaction score
172
Location
Carlsbad
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About how long should I keep some snails in quarantine for? I know the place I got from had an ich outbreak about a month 1/2 ago but they have everything stable now, but unsure if these 2 turbos would be carrying anything.
 
For inverts, 45 days at 80 degrees works. The exception is for molts, whereby things like shrimps can be put in after a molt.
 
If you concerned and have a QT, go 7 days to be sure.
If there was anything attached to the hard shell, it would fall off in 3 or 4 days, replicate itself, but find no host.
 
If you concerned and have a QT, go 7 days to be sure.
If there was anything attached to the hard shell, it would fall off in 3 or 4 days, replicate itself, but find no host.
Yeah , I have them in a 20 gallon quarantine with a couple softies i got at the same place. I heard ich can go weeks in 1 stage but wasnt 100% with these snails since they treated the tanks with inverts in as well moment the outbreak started.
 
I take a toothbrush to each and “polish” them up just before they go in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new