Quarantine

Janz14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am looking for information on how to quarantine a red ruby dragonet. I want to quarantine it before introducing him to my DT, but I’ve read that they are sensitive to copper. So how can I quarantine it without the copper? Help please…

Thank you in advance.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TTM

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello! I am looking for information on how to quarantine a red ruby dragonet. I want to quarantine it before introducing him to my DT, but I’ve read that they are sensitive to copper. So how can I quarantine it without the copper? Help please…

Thank you in advance.
They are sensitive to copper yes and I don’t see them fairing well with hypo and TTM which is stressful to many smaller fish
I suggest a 60 minute ruby rally pro bath for 60 minutes with aeration, formalin hard to find but too would work

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragonets are tough to deal with. What I do is not something everyone can, but I have a coral-only frag tank that has lots of pods for them to feed on, and I'll just put them in there for 45 days for observation. Some will die, due to diseases they came in with, but if they thrive, they are good to go. TTM works, but only for marine ich. Also, many dragonets arrive in poor shape and TTM is rough on them, nothing for them to eat, and pretty stressful overall, and weak ones won't make it through that.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back