Queen and King Angel Compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter sc50964
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2015
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
1,294
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the two belong to the same genus but they look so different. For those who have kept both, pls share your experience. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Holacanthus passer is a fish with an aggressive temperament, there will surely be problems with a pair of angels that are of the same genus and also includes a popularly aggressive fish. If you want to try it you should do it in a very large tank, with a favorable size difference for the queen angel.
 
Holacanthus passer is a fish with an aggressive temperament, there will surely be problems with a pair of angels that are of the same genus and also includes a popularly aggressive fish. If you want to try it you should do it in a very large tank, with a favorable size difference for the queen angel.
I have an established Adult Queen in a large tank. So I guess it may work if I get a smaller passer?
 
I have an established Adult Queen in a large tank. So I guess it may work if I get a smaller passer?
It might work, remember that fish have a specific character, so you must be prepared to remove some fish if the plan does not work as you wish.
 
I know the two belong to the same genus but they look so different. For those who have kept both, pls share your experience. Thanks.
I had both in an old LFS display without issues, the queen was only just smaller than the passer.
It was a 7’x3’ from memory.
 
they are supposed to be in different ocean as well.
I don’t go off of the areas of collection - it has always failed for me doing it that way.
I mean, Cleaner Wrasses and Kaleidos Pencils aren’t near each other much yet my Cleaner just murdered my first Kaleidos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new