Queen or Blue Angel with a Emperor angle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wrgoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wrgoff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
35
Location
Downingtown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting both an Queen (or Blue) Angelfish and an Emperor AngelFish. Has anyone out there done that? For context. I have a 240 Gallon (8 feet X 2 feet X 2 feet). What are you thoughts on this?
 
All 3 are semi aggressive fish and territorial... So it is somewhat of a gamble.

There seem to be success stories floating about, so with good aquascape and feeding, I suspect it is possible, but you'll want answers from others with more experience than I have.

almost 40 years ago I had an emporer angelfish as a teenager, when I knew squat about this hobby :o
 
It's certainly possible in that size but as bryan stated, aquascaping and feeding do matter quite a bit.

In addition to that, starting size + growth rates do need to be considered since the queen grows faster and larger than the emperor will but it's more common from my experience for the emperor to become more aggressive than the queen.

20241004_135432.jpg
 
Will be fine. Emp will be boss
 
Will be fine. Emp will be boss
If I do get them. I will get both at the same time. Both as small juveniles. Do you have experience with them both in the same tank?
 
Yes totally different genres so they be ok. Had them together in the past. Emp will be boss.
 
I have the following angels: Blue, Emperor, French, Blueface, Passer, and Swallowtail, along with various tangs in a 8ft tank. All live in harmony, except a few grumbles. Currently, the French is on top of the food chain since he’s the biggest.
 
Have an emperor and a queen. Got the emperor as a small juvie about 3 years ago. Got the Queen as a smaller juvie about 7 months later. The emperor grew quick so size difference helped. Over the last few years the emperor grew quicker.
There’s also large tangs, a flame angel and some others in the tank.
Think if there’s more fish it keeps the aggressor less focused on one and constantly bullying/stressing that one. Keeps the peace. They all let him be the bOss and alls good
 
I am looking at adding both the queen and emperor as Juveniles, and at the same time. Do you all think that is a good strategy. Again my tank is 8 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet? I am also thinking of adding two tangs along with the angels. A yellow eyed Kole Tang and a sailfin tang. I already have a purple tang. He is kinda the boss. My thinking is by adding all 4 fish together it should eliminate (or reduce) the chance of anyone fish getting overly bullied. What are all your guys thoughts..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new