Question about fish diet

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some information on if what I'm feeding my fish is ok. I've got a emporer, flame and queen angel, a blue, yellow, sailfin and clown tang and a fox face I've been basically feeding nori and fresh raw clam everyday. I take a live, clam open it, snip it up with scissors into bite size pieces and give it to them, they all go crazy for it and are getting pretty plump. I have 300 pounds of live rock with lots of algae so they graze on that all day while I'm at work. I feed emerald feast frozen cubes every other day also, is that sufficient for them? They won't take pellets or dry food really. Thanks for any info

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same basically but mix in pellets.

I would get the clown tang out of there while you can and he's not murdering everything.
He will merc those other tangs guaranteed.

-guy with 2 clown tangs

One of my clown tang is eyeballing me so I just want to make sure I also say, he's a good fish and I love him and would never speak ill of him.

(he will kill me)

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same basically but mix in pellets.

I would get the clown tang out of there while you can and he's not murdering everything.
He will merc those other tangs guaranteed.

-guy with 2 clown tangs
Even in an 8 foot 315 gallon tank?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some information on if what I'm feeding my fish is ok. I've got a emporer, flame and queen angel, a blue, yellow, sailfin and clown tang and a fox face I've been basically feeding nori and fresh raw clam everyday. I take a live, clam open it, snip it up with scissors into bite size pieces and give it to them, they all go crazy for it and are getting pretty plump. I have 300 pounds of live rock with lots of algae so they graze on that all day while I'm at work. I feed emerald feast frozen cubes every other day also, is that sufficient for them? They won't take pellets or dry food really. Thanks for any info
Sounds great. If possible I'd add some sponge to the diet for the angels but really your diet is already much better then what most feed. Too many don't feed their herbivores nori.

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 in a 150 and another in a custom that I guess is around 180.

They will absolutely murder the other tangs. Everything they say about clown tangs is understated, they are GD assasins.

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great. If possible I'd add some sponge to the diet for the angels but really your diet is already much better then what most feed. Too many don't feed their herbivores nori.
Thanks for the reply, I make them eat all their nori before I will put the clam in lol they are like my kids in that way

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been basically feeding nori and fresh raw clam everyday. I take a live, clam open it, snip it up with scissors into bite size pieces and give it to them
That diet is perfect. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
E

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 in a 150 and another in a custom that I guess is around 180.

They will absolutely murder the other tangs. Everything they say about clown tangs is understated, they are GD assasins.
Thank you for the info, id be really bummed to lose him they are such interesting fish. The tangs in with him are about three times his size, is there anything that could be done to minimize the risks or is it just something that always happens as clown tangs mature?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back