Question about lettuce sea slugs and flow

GoldenOrbWeaver

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
Reno
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm thinking about getting a lettuce sea slug for my nano reef but I'm worried about flow. Some sources I have found say that a lot of flow is bad for them, while others say that flow is fine as long as it isn't high enough to move them and that filters and powerheads are covered so they aren't sucked in. My tank has one region with a lot of flow while the other part doesn't have much, so I guess a sea slug could stay there. Does anyone here have experience with them, and if so, what do you think?
 
Hi. I'm thinking about getting a lettuce sea slug for my nano reef but I'm worried about flow. Some sources I have found say that a lot of flow is bad for them, while others say that flow is fine as long as it isn't high enough to move them and that filters and powerheads are covered so they aren't sucked in. My tank has one region with a lot of flow while the other part doesn't have much, so I guess a sea slug could stay there. Does anyone here have experience with them, and if so, what do you think?
Hello!

I recently acquired some blue velvet nudibranchs. They are significantly impacted by flow. I can only imagine the lettuce sea slugs would be more affected given their body shape.

I took out my wave makers, angled my return pump upwards and moved some rocks around as to limit any open spaces in higher flow. My BVN has been extremely active since the flow level decreased. They will tumbleweed in moderate-high flow. The low end of moderate is pushing it without rockwork.

Hope that helps !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new