Question about Marinepure

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took advantage of the BRS black Friday sale on Marinepure. I picked up brick because the deal is hard to beat. I am planning on upgrading to a 150g from 60g in the next few months. I figured the marinepure will be good to have for the transfer. I plan to throw the MP in the sump on the current tank. Then in 3-4 months when the 150 is in and filled I will throw the mp in the sump and a shrimp in the display for the cycle.

I am getting concerned because I do not want to losing everything due to the MP. The 60 is running triton so I do not do water changes. Currently I have no issues and everything has been growing and stable for months. I am not looking for any benefit from the MP in the 60g. Is the MP safe now? Is there still a chance it is the bad stuff?

Should I wait introduce the MP in the 150 when the time comes? Then I could add a frag of each coral to see if the tank is ready. I have no problem losing a frag but if I lose the colonies I will be very upset.

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I hate to wait and then kill off everything.

I do plan on running a 20 to 25 gallon fuge for the 150g.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the marinepure is in the sump. has been since the new tank was started. My corals lost their color and look like crap right now. I believe it is a lack of nutrients in the water. I am doing ICp testing to get to the bottom of it and see if i have leaching. I have not suspected the marinepure though.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the marinepure is in the sump. has been since the new tank was started. My corals lost their color and look like crap right now. I believe it is a lack of nutrients in the water. I am doing ICp testing to get to the bottom of it and see if i have leaching. I have not suspected the marinepure though.
Watch for aluminum results.

FWIW:
BRS stopped the (MP block) nitrate test, when Ryan found out that the MP blocks were leaching aluminum.

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew they stopped it but I never heard why they stopped it. I wonder if that is my phantom issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back