QUESTION ABOUT MY ANEMONE + Any tips would be appreciated!

LuigiSmacks

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone đź‘‹

So I have this tank and I recently
Bought this anemone about almost a month already but I’ve noticed it hasn’t really been reacting much whenever I try to feed it which is once a week it won’t even close up to eat the food and the color looks great but it’s been getting more lighter , kind of like see through but the colors are there just lighter and bright I don’t know how to explain but when I got it it was more darker I don’t know if it doesn’t like the light any recommendations I’m somewhat new to reefing like 1 year this tank is probably 4 months
IMG_0401.jpeg
 
What are your water parameters? The light could be affecting your anemone. Usually they will move to another spot if they don’t like we they are at. How is the water flow? I can tell if you have a wave maker or powerhead in the tank.
Also, what are you trying to feed it?
 
What are your water parameters? The light could be affecting your anemone. Usually they will move to another spot if they don’t like we they are at. How is the water flow? I can tell if you have a wave maker or powerhead in the tank.
Also, what are you trying to feed it?
I’m testing my water later again today , I was trying to feed it mysis shrimp and another time I tried this other frozen coral food I forgot the name , also yes I have a power head , the anemone hasn’t really moved from that spot, I did notice it doesn’t have too much flow in that spot of the tank should I increase it ?
 
That's pretty much the early signs of dying/unhappiness.

How mature is your tank?
 
Likely bleached anemone, typical neon colors. Still savable. Makes sure parameters are within range otherwise don't tinker too much, sometimes may just need time with "good" water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new