Question about reef safe shrimps

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are reef safe shrimps and what do they do I’ve heard people talk about shrimps and I want to decide if I should get one or if I need one.
 
Fire Shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, Pederson have never bothered corals or fish in my tank. Sexy Shrimp and TRUE Peppermint have eaten or harassed corals and anemones.
 
Never have seen my peppermint shrimp eat any coral in my tank yes they sometimes crawl over my coral most times when I add food to the system steeling what food they can from the coral it does not happen all the time and some coral will respond and deflate they usually return to normal after the shrimp get off
 
Fire Shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, Pederson have never bothered corals or fish in my tank. Sexy Shrimp and TRUE Peppermint have eaten or harassed corals and anemones.
I banded shrimp that took down large engineer goby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new