Question about Scotch Vortech MP-10 wet side.

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few MP-10s, and one of them had one of the propellor blades break off - see the photo below.

I'd like to just replace it with the good propeller I have pictured on the right. However, look at the difference between the two housings. The one on the left has a thicker white spindle, and the one on the right has a thinner metal spindle. The good propeller fits too loosely on the housing on the right, and does not fit at all on the housing on the left.

I'm wondering if the different is due to a different generation of MP10s or if the white stuff is some sort of lubricating plastic coating that may have burned off the spindle in the one housing and may be melted inside the good propeller. I've been gingerly poking around in there with a drill bit, but do not want to make matters worse.

Does anyone know the answer?

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No.

The one missing the while spindle as you called it actually is no longer good since the while spindle has disintegrated. You'll have to get a new website unfortunately.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1.
The shaft on the right is no good.
If you email ecotech and provide your serial #'s,
You may be able to get 2 new wetsides under warranty. Even if its out of warranty.
Just make sure to send in 1 at a time :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so sure about that. The white sleeve on the newer wetsides is ceramic with the square base, and it cracks really easily. I seem to recall older MP10 wetsides did not have the white sleeve and had the round base. Probably you’re just going to have to pony up for a new wetside.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the ceramic shaft cover, several of R2R‘s have tried heat shrinks with success. There are also utube videos on topic. See @Jonreefer, “Broken shaft on an MP10..fix it for pennies”

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back