Question about snowflake ocillaris color

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,621
Reaction score
33,513
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer: The photo shown is a divers den wysiwyg photo from the website. I am considering a pair of snowflakes but am curious about the bluish/greenish tint around the edges of the white. I'm thinking maybe it is from the crossover of dark color scales to the white? I'm if this of you with experience think this color will stay or will it turn to white as the fish mature?
de5a2eda8de8cd4e0df414e4933f0f09.jpg
 
If I’m not mistaken they go away as they grow
 
I would think that it's just lighting playing games.
 
It's real.
A lot of snowflakes have some degree of bluish tinting or blush extending into the white from the edge of a black stripe or mark.
It's basically just incomplete black pigmentation which then appears bluish.
It doesn't necessarily go away as the fish grows but may turn blacker.
I've seen it on frostbites too.
Some people like the look, others don't.
 
My orange storms have it also on the lower fins, cool looking in the lights!

Actually storm cloud colored. lol
 
I read somewhere that it's the black scales that are visible underneath the white scales. The semi-transparent nature of the scale gives it a blue tone. It doesn't go away as the fish matures.
 
I read somewhere that it's the black scales that are visible underneath the white scales. The semi-transparent nature of the scale gives it a blue tone. It doesn't go away as the fish matures.
D-Nak got it right. It will always e there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new