Question about Tank Ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter TANGOX4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TANGOX4

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
21
Location
62249
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have recently decided to move across country and I had a bunch of tanks that I had to get rid of. I currently have a 13 gallon clown tank which I will sadly have to probably get rid of.... so my question is, what brand tanks should I be looking at? I have a 30 or so gallon sump that I am keeping, and I plan to connect that to preferably a 50+ gallon tank. Are there any suggestions out there tank wise that I could buy for less than like $1k, just seems like everything is over that price. I saw waterbox had some "deals" but I think paying just over 800 for a 65 gallon tank is a little absurd. So I just want to hear some other ideas or thoughts. Thanks!
 
Why do you have to get rid of the 13 gallon?
 
Why do you have to get rid of the 13 gallon?
I’ll be traveling a full 24 hours away… it’ll be too stressful for me and my fish to make that trip. At least that’s what I think, my LFS said he could hold them for a week and ship them to me but I just don’t think my rock and corals will make it
 
I’ll be traveling a full 24 hours away… it’ll be too stressful for me and my fish to make that trip. At least that’s what I think, my LFS said he could hold them for a week and ship them to me but I just don’t think my rock and corals will make it
I drove two days with fish, corals, rock, etc. with zero casualties. I put everything in coolers, and used battery powered bubblers. Make sure the rock is separate to avoid any critters getting crushed if you decide to try to make the trip! Definitely not stress free, but something to consider if you'd prefer to keep your current setup and livestock. 🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new