Question about testing

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I took a sample of water than did my water change. Was gonna test afterwards. Well as im laying in bed I realized I forgot to test! Can I just do it tomorrow. The water is in a cup with a lid.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never really tried and compared but I’d say no. Personally I just dip my vials right in the tank. But overnight your ph will definitely change, I don’t know what else will really change. Depending on coral stocking your alk and calc can vary.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the water is is covered, you should be fine. ICP tests spends a week or longer before being tested. The most important thing is to test at the same time every time. I don't see a problem.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the water is is covered, you should be fine. ICP tests spends a week or longer before being tested. The most important thing is to test at the same time every time. I don't see a problem.
Didn’t even think of that lol. And love the “test same time everytime” it’s all about stability in this hobby.

mclovings

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only major change would be PH. Everything else should be close to the same.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
I like to test right before a water change and than a few days after just to compare.

I’ve never really tried and compared but I’d say no. Personally I just dip my vials right in the tank. But overnight your ph will definitely change, I don’t know what else will really change. Depending on coral stocking your alk and calc can vary.
ph is the one number I don’t chase.
I’m really just trying to compare numbers before and after the change. So I know what my numbers were before I changed the water than what they are 24-48 hours after I changed the water.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only major change would be PH. Everything else should be close to the same.
The PH shouldn't change. PH is directly related to how much CO2 and oxygen is in the water. CO2 can't get in and oxygen can't get out if the water is not being agitated.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back