Question about the TC for apex salinity probe

Keesers

Captain Saltwater Pants
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
My question is can someone explain how the tc function works for apex says to start at a value of 2.1-2.3 in the box but mine was 0.0 from factory. It’s says if I adjust this number I will have to calibrate the probe does this mean I need to recalibrate the salinity probe or temp probe. Running new apex full model. Calibrated the probe when I installed unit this week . The unit is working but swings a lot when the temp swings. And I’m talking my temp only swings .3 degrees all day and that is only due to heater being in sump where the probes are for apex. They are at opposite ends of the sump heater on one and probes on the other. The tank doesn’t swing that much . It started out at 35.5 now it’s all the way down to 33 seems like a pretty big drop with no changes to tank. And I’m getting notifications.So then I found out that they need to be temp controlled so it doesn’t swing that much but can’t find a link to where it explains how this works. I mean I know the salinity isn’t swinging that much checked with a calibrated refractometer. Doesn’t appear to be bubbles on probe, I add a gallon of top off water everyday to the 170-175 system. Any help would be great. Asked on Neptune fb page but didn’t many responses. New to apex first one. Thanks all Happy Reefing

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back