Question: All For Reef

Kurtz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should or do I even need to dose “Tropic Marin: All For Reef” if I am able to maintain my levels with a water change every 3 weeks or so? I don’t want to dose it and elevate my Cal, Alk, or Mag.

Waterbox AIO 20 Gal
Light: Kessil A80 Tuna Blue
Tunze Algea Reactor with chaeto

Dosing:
Amino Acids (4 drops)
Phyto (3ml)
Reef Nutrition AB+
Reef enhance

Peramiters:
Nitrate 0.25ppm
Phosphate: 0.07ppm
Calcium: 465ppm
Magnesium: 1500ppm
Alkalinity: 10.0dKH
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 7.9
Iodine: 0.06ppm

Knix10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you maintaining consistent levels throughout that time frame, or do the values drop but remain within an acceptable range? Have you tested nightly fluctuations? FWIW I have been very happy with All-For-Reef on my nano.

OP
OP
Kurtz

Kurtz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I check every Friday night/Saturday morning and for the most part my levels are always consistent.

I have mostly softies and some LPS. And now after having the tank up 7 months I am finally getting coraline algae to grow.

CE31DC27-462D-4EF3-A036-D0AFC2673D51.jpeg

Knix10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! With that selection of corals it may be awhile before you see any significant changes in parameters. What salt are you using? Alk is on the higher side. One of the benefits of All-for-Reef is that you'll get trace elements as well as the alk/cal/mag which can be depleted quickly if you're only doing occasional water changes. I found that switching to a salt with lower alk/cal/mag and dosing all-for-reef daily resulted in increased growth compared to biweekly water changes alone. Also, even though I was only getting a 0.2 dKH swing at night, this was eliminated once I began dosing AFR

OP
OP
Kurtz

Kurtz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! With that selection of corals it may be awhile before you see any significant changes in parameters. What salt are you using? Alk is on the higher side. One of the benefits of All-for-Reef is that you'll get trace elements as well as the alk/cal/mag which can be depleted quickly if you're only doing occasional water changes. I found that switching to a salt with lower alk/cal/mag and dosing all-for-reef daily resulted in increased growth compared to biweekly water changes alone.
Fritz. I guess I will just continue to wait and just keep the All For Reef for when I need it and my levels start to drop from consumption. Thanks for all the advice and time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back