Question before using chemiclean for green cyano

Everytime I used chemiclean, I get a dino outbreak that I am usually able to manage with dosing H2o2 twice a day at 1ml per gallon.

Have you tried blacking out the tank for 72 hours first?
 
Everytime I used chemiclean, I get a dino outbreak that I am usually able to manage with dosing H2o2 twice a day at 1ml per gallon.

Have you tried blacking out the tank for 72 hours first?
I haven’t because I’ve read really mixed, mostly negative/neutral results from blackouts :-/
 
Gave the tank a pretty thorough once over last night (at 9pm when all I wanted to do was lie down and watch tv) and it’s looking good! Gonna order coral snow, pods, and a skimmer in the hope that something
IMG_5586.jpeg
 
I haven’t, I hadn’t even heard of it until 2 days ago when I was looking into all this. Seems like it might be beneficial? Plus zeobak for cyano?


Yeah makes sense. I’ll look into that and I’ll just toss the filter media thats in that chamber into the main return pump chamber to keep the surface area in the tank at least
Coral snow works well for cyano. Manually remove all you can then follow up with diy coral snow and your choice of bacteria. Sometimes it takes 2-3 different bacteria tries to find one that works well for your tank.

Here’s instructions from Sonny though I dose more than his recommended mixture rates.
https://reefsite.com/extreme-water-clarity-made-easy/
Lately I’ve been dosing peroxide and to my surprise after dosing a lot of the cyano will float to surface for easy removal and hasn’t been coming back.

I dose both right after tank is lights out

I would try all the above before ever using chemi clean
 
Update on your progress? I also use the homemade snow from Sonny.
 
I don't think your Cyano is bad enough to warrant Chemiclean treatment.

What are your current phosphates and nitrates?
 
Update on your progress? I also use the homemade snow from Sonny.
Been using coral snow 1cc/day and 1 drop of neobak every 2-3 days and it’s been such a massive improvement (combined with water changes and manual removal)! Glad I didn’t go chemi clean route, I’m as happy right now with my tank as I ever have been

IMG_5831.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg
IMG_5833.jpeg
 
Been using coral snow 1cc/day and 1 drop of neobak every 2-3 days and it’s been such a massive improvement (combined with water changes and manual removal)! Glad I didn’t go chemi clean route, I’m as happy right now with my tank as I ever have been

IMG_5831.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg
IMG_5833.jpeg
Looks awesome! Good job 👏
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new