Question: Dosing Fauna Marin Multi Elements A+B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bazaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,
I am currently dosing all Color Elements for my 120G reef tank.

There are a few questions.
1) Is Multi Elements A+B a direct replacement for Color Elements?
2) If not, can I use concurrently with Color Elements?
3) What will be the dosage be like?

Any help is much appreciated.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
Multi Elements A and B are no replacements, They are made for calciumreactor users and are part of the system, Color Elements are on Top Elements if you want to increase colores and GrowTh.

You can use color elements in your dosing regime, no Problem

Dosage depends on your system, without any more information is hard to say, usually we recommend to start with 25% of the dosing amount

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to dose the now discontinued Trace A and B as part of my 2-part solutions, are the Fauna Marin Multi Elements A and B the same thing, and can be added to and dosed with 2-part?

Fauna Marin Support

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to dose the now discontinued Trace A and B as part of my 2-part solutions, are the Fauna Marin Multi Elements A and B the same thing, and can be added to and dosed with 2-part?
What do you mean with "discontinued Trace A + B?"

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there - the older versions of the trace I can't find them anywhere. I would love to be wrong : ) Or maybe I have the name wrong - maybe it was the Balling Light trace 1,2,3 I was adding? New packaging? I had very old bottles that lasted forever.

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across them discontinued at BRS, so hoped there was a replacement product
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 8.37.14 PM.png

Fauna Marin Support

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaah ok.
So - no.
Maybe the BRS-bottles are disoncitnues, as we have a new design and a little bit other content of the Balling Light Traces 1-3.

They are still on the market and these trace elements are the combination with the Balling Light system:
1681968594190.png

The Multi elements A + B is a special combination product specifically developed for use in aquariums with calcium reactors:

1681968670065.png

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, ok - forgive my confusion. So, I have a calcium reactor on my 900g system, and also dose some 2-part (sodium hydroxide) for pH boost and calcium (about 150ml/day each) .... and also dose kalk. What would you suggest I use? Adding in the trace into the sodium hydroxide and calcium solutions is what I've done in the past (actually never added this to sodium hydroxide, just the normal soda ash alkalinity - would it work in sodium hydroxide?) Doing it this way would likely be underdosing trace, but I'm ok with that since it gives me a little margin of error to not over dose...

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaah ok.
So - no.
Maybe the BRS-bottles are disoncitnues, as we have a new design and a little bit other content of the Balling Light Traces 1-3.

They are still on the market and these trace elements are the combination with the Balling Light system:
1681968594190.png

The Multi elements A + B is a special combination product specifically developed for use in aquariums with calcium reactors:

1681968670065.png
can you combine bottle A and B.
I have only one dosing head and want to dose out of one bottle.

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought id add i plan on using this with kalkwasser solution dosing (not calx), is it possible to mix one of the bottles, or both into the solution reservoir? like i said im trying to work with one dosing head.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back