900G System Build

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great build & videos. Awesome construction quality :)

Gawlfa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great videos. You make the DIY part look easy. Unfortunately, I know my limitations. (I wish I was this handy!)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
subbed & fallowing!

Question where did you get the polywall from? I need to finish out my utility room err... I mean fish room.
mad skills man I have build a few stands over the years they are OK but never really loved them. but if I had your skills I so would.

OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
subbed & fallowing!

Question where did you get the polywall from? I need to finish out my utility room err... I mean fish room.
mad skills man I have build a few stands over the years they are OK but never really loved them. but if I had your skills I so would.
Thanks Devaji! I got the polywall from either Lowes or Home Depot - I forget which. I think it was about $20-ish per 4x8 sheet. Easy to cut, and easy to clean.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reef2Reef fam, finally getting around to editing together videos to document my dream build - 400g display, 100 eel tank, and 3 frag tanks. Trailer for the build is here!

Oh man! This is gonna be awesome!!

OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - thanks Devaji - it is actually not that hard to glue them up, as long as the cuts and edge prep are done precisely. Then there is my fudge factor rod I glue in each seam to cover my bases. Start with a practice project like a dosing container or something, and I bet you can graduate to something larger!

islandreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See guys like you make me mad LOL, you make it look sooo easy. Man I wish I had that talent, I know if I tried it would come out looking like something out of a SCI-FI movie. I am gona follow. I have a fish room I need to get started on and so far you are right up my alley (other than making your own stuff that is). I need to know where the water goes from your sink, I dont think you plumbed that as yet did you? I prefer NOT to dig into my slab as that never turns out good, AT LEAST FOR ME.... DONT ASK HOW I KNOW THAT LOL

OP
OP
ReefEco

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! If you are working on a fish room right now, that's great - I learned a lot from this, and some hard lessons as well. I do wish I had a floor drain, but I'm on a concrete slab as well, and also didn't want to mess with it (I'm sure that wouldn't end well for me either!). I may not have mentioned hooking up the sink, but you can see how it is plumbed toward the end of the sump video, and I'll get more into that in the plumbing video. I ran it along the baseboards and luckily the fish room is right next to the main wet wall of the house with all the plumbing, so it was pretty easy to hook it into the drain, and access water. I also added an access point in the sink drain so I can drain down the sumps with the turn of a ball valve for water changes. Makes it SO easy - a must have. Thanks for following along!

Dahaker89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this closely as the wife already approved of a bigger tank setup. Too bad she didn't specify a max/min size/gallons muahahaha! So far im loving the editing and videos! I'll follow on Youtube as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back