Question for all the vendors..."collector status"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troylee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Austin you hurt my feelings now. You're OFF the LIST!!!!!

haha

Ill do anything to get back on this list,I got paid yesterday,how much do I need to spend to be buddies again!C'mon Jeff...buddy?u there buddy?haha
 
it is all about the money,some people will pay triple or more(than normal wholesale price) for the piece just because they want it that bad and have the CASH to do so.im sure these people arent spending a grand or two a week either.they are probably spending 3-4x that biweekly or more.i do know one of our LFS does get some really nice previews of corals BEFORE they get listed for sale,however they usually send that same list to several other clients to help drive the prices up on certain pieces because of the rarity of color/pattern of the coral.
 
I know my friends business got ran into the ground because wholesalers he was getting his stuff from would allow cherry pickers in so the nice things never made it his way and he drop major $ like 100k in just a few month because he was told the same things that he had to reach x number of purchases to get the "list status" now his business is bankrupt and he's stuck I'm sorry but I don't support certain businesses that claim they get to cherry pick because they take out people like my friends that put their life's passion into a business and get scammed by the cherry picker!
On another note I've found a few wholesalers that know I run a small business and they'll help out so I'm not sitting on product because they know I have to sell to get more from them so it's all in all a viscous cycle!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new