Question for blueline angel owners

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've had a CB chinese blueline angel for a couple of years now and over the last 6 months or so I've noticed it has a very strange body shape. Side on it looks perfect but top down it looks quite strange and I'm worried it may be emaciated.

So a picture tells a thousand words, however a blurry picture isn't much use at all and that's all I've been able to get so far so i'm hoping a description might suffice!

Viewed from the top down its body is slightly pinched in behind the gills, it has a pronounced bulge in its mid-section (pretty much bang in the middle both height and length ways) then slims down again until its caudal peduncle (the 'wrist' of the tail) is again very pronounced. The fish is currently around 4-5" and I've owned it since it was <1" long.

I've owned plenty of dwarf angels and a majestic but this is the only Chaetodontoplus species I've ever owned, to me this doesn't seem right but then fish of this genus are generally a different shape so I wanted to check with other owners before resuming problem solving and de-worming.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back