Question for the pro plumbers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ziggy17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ziggy17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,429
Location
Gotham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current plumbing is in metric, 32mm. I’d like to install a gate valve that’s 1.25” slip/slip. My question is if I use primer and glue, will the primer soften up the pvc enough to get the 32mm (1.26”) pipe into the 1.25” female gate valve?
 
My current plumbing is in metric, 32mm. I’d like to install a gate valve that’s 1.25” slip/slip. My question is if I use primer and glue, will the primer soften up the pvc enough to get the 32mm (1.26”) pipe into the 1.25” female gate valve?
I would try using a little sand paper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new