Question for those who've owned multiple smaller Jebao wavemakers

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm looking to see if I can find an impeller replacement for my old Jebao SW-2. I can't find any replacement for that model but there are replacements for later Jebao models and the shape of the impeller is exactly the same. So I wonder if one of the series after SW use the same size impeller so I could use it in my old Jebao. Just thought I'd try that before I buy a new wavemaker because I hate throwing away something when it just requires a part replacement

Thanks in advance!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All of them break in time. Inexpensive or not.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but I'm a great believer in repairing before tossing. I'm planning to upgrade to something more reliable soon but this pump is still functional. The impeller motor swelled a bit, that's all - I used to soak it in vinegar before I read on this forum that it can cause this exact issue.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but I'm a great believer in repairing before tossing. I'm planning to upgrade to something more reliable soon but this pump is still functional. The impeller motor swelled a bit, that's all - I used to soak it in vinegar before I read on this forum that it can cause this exact issue.
I wouldn't risk using it then. If the motor windings get exposed, it can leach copper in your tank. I replace mine every 2 years, when they fail.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back