Question on 2 part dosing using Neptune

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Neptune DOS and Trident to do 2 part dosing Alk and Cal.

on 2 part dosing we have to dose equal amount. I know some who don’t but I want to.

How do I program Neptune to dose equal amount at the same time get Trident to control Alk dosing automatically based on the test?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your Trident schedule you just enable Trident-controlled dosing for alkalinity. You still have to define a value, but it will adjust +/- based on the test results.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but if they setup controlled dosing it won't increase/decrease both parts equally... I dont believe. I wonder if you could set your calcium to dose off of the alkalinity measurent and set all of the settings the same as you have it for the alkalinity head? That way I think it would increase/decrease the calcium dose the same as it does alkalinity.

OP why do you care if there is a small difference between the two parts?

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but if they setup controlled dosing it won't increase/decrease both parts equally... I dont believe. I wonder if you could set your calcium to dose off of the alkalinity measurent and set all of the settings the same as you have it for the alkalinity head? That way I think it would increase/decrease the calcium dose the same as it does alkalinity.

OP why do you care if there is a small difference between the two parts?
I don’t know. Should I?

I am trying to follow 2 part dosing playbook which they should be dosed equal amounts.

looking to hear from anyone that is doing this

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know. Should I?

I am trying to follow 2 part dosing playbook which they should be dosed equal amounts.

looking to hear from anyone that is doing this

I use controlled dosing for 2 part with the trident/dos and there is a slight variance in how much of each part that gets dosed. I personally wouldn't worry about the small difference as long as it keeps your parameters for both where you want them.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I prefer to let the Trident adjust the DOS for Alk and Cal individually.

However, if you really want the adjustments to be equal for both parts, just select the Trident's Alk input as the one to control both DOS outputs. You can either do this when you go through the Trident Controlled Dosing Task, or if you've already been through the Task, just go into your DOS schedule, click the gear for each interval, click Control Interval, then select Alkalinity as the test, and set the parameters the same for both DOS outputs.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.52.46 AM.png

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I prefer to let the Trident adjust the DOS for Alk and Cal individually.

However, if you really want the adjustments to be equal for both parts, just select the Trident's Alk input as the one to control both DOS outputs. You can either do this when you go through the Trident Controlled Dosing Task, or if you've already been through the Task, just go into your DOS schedule, click the gear for each interval, click Control Interval, then select Alkalinity as the test, and set the parameters the same for both DOS outputs.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.52.46 AM.png
Ahhh this is what I am looking for. Perfect! So this should make the Calcium dosing equal to Alk, yes?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh this is what I am looking for. Perfect! So this should make the Calcium dosing equal to Alk, yes?
Yes, as long as you specify the same base volume to dose, and the same Control Interval settings for both DOS outputs linked only to the Trident Alk reading, then the automatic adjustments will be made equally on both.

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a trident you have the information to do higher levels of control then what the 2 part seller expects when they sell the product. Coral do not use them equally. Also if you check a calculator on brs or another site the amount needed to get your levels up is different for each part you often need a lot more ML of calcium additive then alk.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back