Question on clownfish breeding tank

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to getting a clownfish breeding system. Was thinking about having a acrylic tank made and having it divided into multiple tanks for different pairs.
What would be the ideal size for each pair? Was thinking of having the tank 36 or 48 inch long. How high and deep should I have the tanks be? Also how wide should each individual tank be?
Thanks

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first custom acrylic breeding tank 4 chambers dimension 48" x 15" x 14"
All black acrylic, the front is clear. I should have not sold it. Advanced Acrylic built it for me.
1d5eb193e1c532129d1c075a2257eb2c.jpg

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s awesome. Beautiful tank. Are you happy with the external overflow?
I've no longer have the tank. Yes it was as awesome tank. The external drilled work excellent. I would have order another but it about $600 Shipped. I built my own with a 40g breeder. Will be setup soon

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a costly option - couldn't you get a 55 gal (e.g. at the Petco $1 per gallon sale) and put some dividers in it? Then you could play around with the sizes of the compartments if you needed to.

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a costly option - couldn't you get a 55 gal (e.g. at the Petco $1 per gallon sale) and put some dividers in it? Then you could play around with the sizes of the compartments if you needed to.
I went to pecto when they had the $1 a gallon sale. 40g were not included in that sale. But they had 50% on the 40g up. I wanted the 40g breeder got the back acrylic baffles from Melvreef a supporter here. I only wanted 3 compartment. I'm going to have 3 pairs which is plenty. Right now I have 1 pair spawning. When the pair eggs hatch the same pair lay eggs. Trust 3 pairs be lots of work.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back