Question on clownfish breeding tank

lacrosseboss18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
498
Reaction score
315
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to getting a clownfish breeding system. Was thinking about having a acrylic tank made and having it divided into multiple tanks for different pairs.
What would be the ideal size for each pair? Was thinking of having the tank 36 or 48 inch long. How high and deep should I have the tanks be? Also how wide should each individual tank be?
Thanks
 
This was my first custom acrylic breeding tank 4 chambers dimension 48" x 15" x 14"
All black acrylic, the front is clear. I should have not sold it. Advanced Acrylic built it for me.
1d5eb193e1c532129d1c075a2257eb2c.jpg
 
Yeah that’s awesome. Beautiful tank. Are you happy with the external overflow?
 
Yeah that’s awesome. Beautiful tank. Are you happy with the external overflow?
I've no longer have the tank. Yes it was as awesome tank. The external drilled work excellent. I would have order another but it about $600 Shipped. I built my own with a 40g breeder. Will be setup soon
 
Seems like a costly option - couldn't you get a 55 gal (e.g. at the Petco $1 per gallon sale) and put some dividers in it? Then you could play around with the sizes of the compartments if you needed to.
 
Seems like a costly option - couldn't you get a 55 gal (e.g. at the Petco $1 per gallon sale) and put some dividers in it? Then you could play around with the sizes of the compartments if you needed to.
I went to pecto when they had the $1 a gallon sale. 40g were not included in that sale. But they had 50% on the 40g up. I wanted the 40g breeder got the back acrylic baffles from Melvreef a supporter here. I only wanted 3 compartment. I'm going to have 3 pairs which is plenty. Right now I have 1 pair spawning. When the pair eggs hatch the same pair lay eggs. Trust 3 pairs be lots of work.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new