Question on new LED light for my refugium

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a LED strip light for my refugum which is not in a sump, do i need to run a small fan also...when i had a small strip light i did not run a fan so i was not sure if i needed one with the LED
 
You shouldn't need a fan for the LED strip. Most LED's run cooler than other lights. What kind of LED strip did you get for your fuge?
 
No need for a fan. I'm sure if GE manufactured it and it needed one, they would have installed it. Just be sure not to let it get splashed or place it too close to the water and you are good to go. Just out of curiosity is this unit battery powered or corded?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new