Question on parameters

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is pretty young, about six months old. There for a while, I was fighting Dinos and just recently had a run-in with velvet(lost all my fish minus a Green Chromis). Last Wednesday I received my Coral from @SBB Corals and they are doing very well so far with lots of polpy extensions and great coloring. Would love to keep them that way. Which leads me to post on my water parameters. My Calc is a little high right now and phosphates are a little low. How should I go about fixing these without throwing everything out of whack?

Alk 8.4 dose 10ml RedSea alk
Cal 500 dose 20ml reef pro part a
Mag 1360
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
10 dec 22
Phosphates 0.4
Nitrates .04 dosed 50ml of Neo Nitro

Alk 9.3 dose 10ml RedSea alk
Cal 480 dose 20ml reef pro part a
Mag 1400
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
11 dec 22
Phosphates 0.02
Nitrates .25 dosed 50ml of Neo Nitro

Alk 9.2 dose 10ml RedSea alk
Cal 480 dose 5ml reef pro part a
Mag 1400
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
12 dec 22
Phosphates 0.02
Nitrates 1 dosed 80ml of Neo Nitro

I have the whole week as as I test daily at the same time. Also I feed reef roids daily to try increase Phosphate but I do have Neo Phos i can dose. Thanks in advance for any help.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Phosphates not terrible at .02. Want to keep them below .1 but detectable. I wouldn’t really react to that unless you get to 0. Testing everyday you should have plenty of time to react.

Looks like you reducing your dosing for Ca and it is coming down. I would just continue to adjust your dosing until you find that balance.

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates not terrible at .02. Want to keep them below .1 but detectable. I wouldn’t really react to that unless you get to 0. Testing everyday you should have plenty of time to react.

Looks like you reducing your dosing for Ca and it is coming down. I would just continue to adjust your dosing until you find that balance.
Thank you. So I can go up to .1 for phosphates that’s good to know. I might dose some just so I don’t bottom out that Dino’s was a pain.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you. So I can go up to .1 for phosphates that’s good to know. I might dose some just so I don’t bottom out that Dino’s was a pain.
IMO. There are a lot of threads on here where people are successful with .1 or higher. I would probably err on the high side, as you are pointing out, too low might cause more problems.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back