Question on Pink Lemonade colony coloration

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
1,694
Reaction score
1,878
Location
Washington, DC
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a pretty nice chunk of Pink Lemonade back in February. It was well colored up, but since then, it has grown countless beautiful branches, yellow with pink coralites, but the original part of the coral is now (as in the last several months) dark purple... is that normal or a sign of something? I have had varying phosphate concentrations (anywhere from 0.02 to 0.18) while no other acros were seemly affected, maybe the PL is more susceptible? Getting my PO4 more consistent now so not concerned, just wondering if I can expect the thicker branches to color back up.
 
I got a pretty nice chunk of Pink Lemonade back in February. It was well colored up, but since then, it has grown countless beautiful branches, yellow with pink coralites, but the original part of the coral is now (as in the last several months) dark purple... is that normal or a sign of something? I have had varying phosphate concentrations (anywhere from 0.02 to 0.18) while no other acros were seemly affected, maybe the PL is more susceptible? Getting my PO4 more consistent now so not concerned, just wondering if I can expect the thicker branches to color back up.

If you’re having some bigger PO4 swings that will definitely do it. As long as you keep it stable it should color back up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new