Question on Pink Lemonade colony coloration

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pretty nice chunk of Pink Lemonade back in February. It was well colored up, but since then, it has grown countless beautiful branches, yellow with pink coralites, but the original part of the coral is now (as in the last several months) dark purple... is that normal or a sign of something? I have had varying phosphate concentrations (anywhere from 0.02 to 0.18) while no other acros were seemly affected, maybe the PL is more susceptible? Getting my PO4 more consistent now so not concerned, just wondering if I can expect the thicker branches to color back up.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pretty nice chunk of Pink Lemonade back in February. It was well colored up, but since then, it has grown countless beautiful branches, yellow with pink coralites, but the original part of the coral is now (as in the last several months) dark purple... is that normal or a sign of something? I have had varying phosphate concentrations (anywhere from 0.02 to 0.18) while no other acros were seemly affected, maybe the PL is more susceptible? Getting my PO4 more consistent now so not concerned, just wondering if I can expect the thicker branches to color back up.

If you’re having some bigger PO4 swings that will definitely do it. As long as you keep it stable it should color back up.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back