Question on Refraactometer

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this refractometer on Ebay and when i put the drops of water from my tank, and you look through it, what i see is something that says sodium chloride and not spicific gravity,,, is there something wrong with this meter.
 
I just looked through mine and it says SG/Salinty. Specific gravity is on the left 1.000 - 1.070, salinity on the right 0 - 100%ppt.
 
i just looked again and it says this sodium on the left and chloride on the right but the ad reads this: Portable Marine Salinity Salt Refractometer for Fish Tank Hydrometer Tester
 
Well, must be a very "off" brand because I don't see that labeling on any of them. Does it still work though - same scales?
 
Refractometers are used in all different kinds of applications... So sometimes the labeling is different... It could just be an off brand... You could test it by borrowing another refractometer and testing the same water with both
 
I accidentally purchased a refractometer that reads brix I think. There is some sort of conversion that I don't understand and haven't used it since.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new