Question on rules

vankirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I am new to this site and think it's awesome to see a section for local reefers in my area. I live in Shelbyville and work in Nashville. I'm unsure on the rules here. My question is, may I post and respond to on the MTRC section of R2R, even though I am not a MTRC member? And will this include/exclude buying from local reefers?
Thanks
Kirk

LeoLionFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! I am new to the club. You can post on here as much as you like!! As for the buying from local reefers I am pretty sure there is no harm. I strongly recommend you join MTRC!! This is the best group of people I have had the pleasure of meeting. The group has someone who is extremely experience in just about all aspects of reef keeping. Come out to our Dec meeting and meet people there is never an obligation to join. But I think you will want to when you see just how awesome our club is!!

Travis D.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I am new to this site and think it's awesome to see a section for local reefers in my area. I live in Shelbyville and work in Nashville. I'm unsure on the rules here. My question is, may I post and respond to on the MTRC section of R2R, even though I am not a MTRC member? And will this include/exclude buying from local reefers?
Thanks
Kirk

Welcome to MTRC and let me try and explain what you are asking. As far as posting on our Forum you can do that all you want and any where else on R2R without being a member of our club. The only rules that must be followed are the ones set by R2R reguarding selling before you have met the time and post count rules that they set which you can find in the user agreement of this site.
Our forum has a private members section that you must be a club member to access but other than that you can roam and post all you desire. There are many people with vast knowledge of this hobby that frequent this site and they are alway's willing to help when asked and you will not find a more friendly forum anywhere on the web.
Hope to see you attend our next meeting and look foward to meeting you in person and see if you want to join our group in MTRC.
If i can be of any further help shoot me a PM
Bill

OP
OP
V

vankirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you gentlemen for your quick and polite responses. I was unsure and did not want to step on any toes. My intentions are only to receive and give help if I can. And purchase frags and the occasional equipment locally.
I have be to your last 2 annual frag expos and would like to thank your for the good times that I had. The people I meet were friendly and helpful. I appreciate the hard work it must have took and look forward to the next one.
As far as coming to a MTRC meeting, I am interested in attending, all though the dec 18th doesn't look good (busy holidays), hopefully Jan.
I have thought about attending before but, I wasn't sure if my lack of experience would alienate me?
One question I have is, can I show up unannounced or do I contact someone first?
Thanks again,
Kirk

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lack of experience is why I joined the club. We all gotta start somewhere. :) I have learned a lot from seeing different folks setups and combined experiences. And at no point did I feel awkward or left out. and yes, you can just show up unannounced, but every month there is a sticky thread about where the meeting will be held, and we try to get a yay or ney on who is coming for the host to be prepared for the food and whatnot. Hope to see you in Jan. and feel free to post anything you like here.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would like to add that joining more than pays for it self just in the discount u get at LFS for all your goods. i cant tell you how much ive saved on fish and dry goods its basically like getting it tax free. also there is lots of frag giveaways and other dry goods people bring to donate to raffle off. once again i cant tell you how many frags ive gotten from the raffles. and also +10 to all the other stuff people have said i joined not know much and through the forums and meeting and online research ive learned a lot in a short ammount of time that would have taken me years to learn otherwise. welcome to the forums and hopefully the club :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back