Question on Shadowing with my AI Hydra26's HD LED's

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running two Aqua Illumination Hydra Twenty-six HD LED on my 120- specs being the following -48''x24''x24'' and I am running across some big time shadowing in my tank towards the front! Anyhow, instead of adding two more AI prime's I was thinking about adding a T-5 CORALIFE SUPER THIN strip light across the front of the tank under the canopy! My Hydra AI single arm tank mounts only go out horizontally to ABOUT 15'' MAX! So what are your thoughts about adding a Coral Life T5 LED STRIP across the front of the tank? This is a pic of my set up and a pix of the coralife T-5 fixture strip i was thinking about going with. I am not trying to growing anything with this T-5 just trying to get rid of the Shadowing effect, no more than that. Any thoughts and comments would be GREATLY appreciated!

full tankshot.jpg

coralifet-5.jpg

Last edited:

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should think that would do the job... T-5 produces a flatter, more diffuse light than just about anything else in reefing. You'll probably still have some shadowing, but it should be minimized.

~Bruce, who can't really speak for or against that fixture, only the light style . . .

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that will work.

How much intensity do you have left on the leds?
You could also look at installing a diffusion.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about putting the LEDs a little forward more and trying to get an angle? Still may need the T5s for the back end though.

Back