Question on Swithcing to ATI Essential Pro when MG dosing is not needed?

Omenas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Could you please provide advice on switching to ATI Essentials Pro?

I have 55 gallons SPS dominated tank and currently I am using Fauna Marine Balling Light (daily dosages / parameters I keep: KH 120 ml (10dKh), CA 35 ml (460 ppm), MG 0 ml (1400 ppm)). I do weekly water changes 10% and that probably is the reason why my MG does not drop without dosing. My pH is 8.4.

ATI Essential Pro #2 contains both CA and MG, I am afraid that I will get too high MG value if I will start dosing it (am I right?), so the question is can I use just ATI Essential Pro #1 for KH and stay with FM for CA or are there any option to use both, but prevent MG going up and up?

Or may be my situation is that when swithcing to ATI Essential is not a right decisipn?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Could you please provide advice on switching to ATI Essentials Pro?

I have 55 gallons SPS dominated tank and currently I am using Fauna Marine Balling Light (daily dosages / parameters I keep: KH 120 ml (10dKh), CA 35 ml (460 ppm), MG 0 ml (1400 ppm)). I do weekly water changes 10% and that probably is the reason why my MG does not drop without dosing. My pH is 8.4.

ATI Essential Pro #2 contains both CA and MG, I am afraid that I will get too high MG value if I will start dosing it (am I right?), so the question is can I use just ATI Essential Pro #1 for KH and stay with FM for CA or are there any option to use both, but prevent MG going up and up?

Or may be my situation is that when swithcing to ATI Essential is not a right decisipn?

I do not see any reason to think that ATI designed it so that magnesium rises.

You should stop the Balling Part C if you switch.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back