Question - What next?

Slickzxz9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, need help with what/who to add next (if any). Tank is 6 weeks old (150G), fish have been in for 4 weeks (2 Clowns, Purple Dottyback, Sixline Wrasse and Diamondback Goby). Fish are doing well and eating well. Ammonia has been 0 for over 4 weeks. Brown algae is starting to bloom so I am wondering what next? I know I need to add a few snails and all I know is Turbo at this point. What other snails would be beneficial at this point? Also, do I add anyone else to the CuC? Other than my Ph being on the low side (7.6-7.7) all other parameters are in the acceptable range. I added Caribsea rubble to my refugium and have pods ready to go in, but haven't added the pods yet. I wanted to make sure they had enough food to live. I'm thinking with the brown algae bloom there is starting to be enough for them. Just not really sure. Thanks for any advice

Algae.jpg

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is really young, I would wait before adding more fish. add an inch or two more sand maybe for that goby. Add some Florida cerith snails (Reef Cleaners is the BEST online site to buy inverts) too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Slickzxz9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is really young, I would wait before adding more fish. add an inch or two more sand maybe for that goby. Add some Florida cerith snails (Reef Cleaners is the BEST online site to buy inverts) too.
Thanks. I like the sand idea. hadn't thought about that or noticed my level is a bit lower than it should be. Just thinking about CuC to deal with the uglies.

Upvote 0

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I like the sand idea. hadn't thought about that or noticed my level is a bit lower than it should be. Just thinking about CuC to deal with the uglies.
I would start with a 75g package from reefcleaners.org, in another 3 months add the same thing again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Slickzxz9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about adding Pods to the refugium?

Upvote 0

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods to the refugium and to the tank, that would be fine.

Have never kept a sand sifter goby, but read that they do better with older (year MOL) sand beds. So the pods may not be enough for the goby but can be good otherwise

And reef cleaners is a great company

best of luck and please Go slow, step by step inch by inch

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Slickzxz9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pods to the refugium and to the tank, that would be fine.

Have never kept a sand sifter goby, but read that they do better with older (year MOL) sand beds. So the pods may not be enough for the goby but can be good otherwise

And reef cleaners is a great company

best of luck and please Go slow, step by step inch by inch
Absolutely! I think I got a little ahead on fish but ammonia is still 0 and they are looking and acting healthy. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back