Question

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff (and team)

i need some help / guidance. this is a multithreaded question.

Currently i have XF280 x2 pumps running on my setup that i would like to battery backup for protection.

I have the original icecap battery backup.
I am hearing that using the hydros i can connect these pumps to the backup?
or do i need to buy the battery backup v2 to connect to hydros to connect to the pump?

Lastly - which hydros do i need to get? there are multiple ones.
i have an apex setup that is controllring everything on my tank - except the gyre movement.
The ONLY thing i need the hyros for is to management gyre movement, and attached battery backup. Which is the best cost option.

Thanks again.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jeff (and team)

i need some help / guidance. this is a multithreaded question.

Currently i have XF280 x2 pumps running on my setup that i would like to battery backup for protection.

I have the original icecap battery backup.
I am hearing that using the hydros i can connect these pumps to the backup?
or do i need to buy the battery backup v2 to connect to hydros to connect to the pump?

Lastly - which hydros do i need to get? there are multiple ones.
i have an apex setup that is controllring everything on my tank - except the gyre movement.
The ONLY thing i need the hyros for is to management gyre movement, and attached battery backup. Which is the best cost option.

Thanks again.

Since you don't have any Ecotech Marine pumps, you would probably opt for the non-ETM control version of the WaveEngine which is $299.99.

You will need to get two of the HYDROS Maxspect Gyre XF150/250/280 WaveEngine Pump Adapters to connect your Gyre XF280 pumps to the WaveEngine. Then you can get rid of the original controllers and power supplies for those pumps.

If you want to connect the WaveEngine to your Apex so you can use the Apex to trigger modes on the WaveEngine (like feeding or water change), you'll want to pick up the HYDROS WaveEngine APX Link.

HydrosWet.jpg

As far as the battery backup, we're going to come out with a new version for HYDROS. The new battery backup cable has to have the same aviation-style GX-12 connector as the others so the WaveEngine can retain its IP-65 rating. The cable will allow you to connect the WaveEngine power supply and battery to the WaveEngine to provide a backup power source. I don't yet know the release date of the battery, but price-wise I would guess it will cost about the same as other battery backup solutions, ~$130.

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Jeff.

about the battery backup.

can i use the V1 of the ice cap battery?
or do i need the new one to power the XF280s that i have?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back