Question

PTVinnyMac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
126
Reaction score
155
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two rainbow anemones in my tank that have been doing quite well. Yesterday I fed both a piece of shrimp each. There was a hermit crab near one of them and eventually the hermit crab seemed like it was trying to take the piece of shrimp from the nem.

It didn't look particularly violet from what I saw (I couldn't watch the whole situation) but it eventually ended with the hermit going away without shrimp. Since then the nem looks like it has totally shrunk and closed up.

I'm not the most experienced with bubble tips and I know thet close up at times. But it's very strange to me...

The other nem.in my tank is acting about as normal as always so I can't be a sudden water parameter problem?

I guess my question is mostly, should I do anything? Can I do anything? If it does how much havoc could that cause in my tank?

(It's a 32 gallon biocube. 1 YWG/ pairs with tiger pistol shrimp. 2 clowns, 1 blood shrimp, a small urhcin and 8-10 snails. 4 hermits and emerald and a couple of porcelain crabs.

Would love any useful information please and thanks!
 
The nem shriveling up is probably him digesting. Most likely the hermit isnt involved. Watch it closely, but should be back to normal within a day.
 
For how much people love clowns and nems both of them can be a pain in the butt
 
For how much people love clowns and nems both of them can be a pain in the butt
I hear ya. I can't complain too much about my clowns. I had them in a 13.5 G previously. They a little more finicky now that I moved them into a bigger home. But I do think they're quite happy in their new space!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new