Questions about 80/20 stands

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It was Tristian, I believe he is on this forum, who sent me to Anthony @ FramingTech for a quote. Anthony was very patient through some changes that I requested over the course of few weeks. I like things overbuilt so I changed some elements and added additional supports at the bottom to line up with ends of a 6ft sump. I also asked him to make the front access openings larger so that once wrapped, side doors will be same size as front right/left doors for easier access. I think I should be OK with 28" wide doors . They were fair with their price and so I went for it and placed my order on 7/10. Tristan has a video on YouTube going over delivery/build process.

It hasn't been delivered yet, but here is the design that I approved and ordered from FramingTech.

upload_2018-7-25_8-33-0.png

upload_2018-7-25_8-38-26.png

upload_2018-7-25_8-39-5.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here are Tristian's videos on delivery and build. Can't wait to receive mine.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do or did you order the hardware from? The mangnet pice that tritian used for skinning is awesome, did not see that on 8020 website. Only issue with desighn is feet, load is spread out which is good but flat is better

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I may add 2 strips of IPE (front and back) under the feet to further spread the weight. Mine is going one concrete slab that was tiles over few months back so I am not too worried about weight or pressure.

I believe Tristian got everything from Framing Tech. They even created those inserts with cutout of the logo in one of them. I believe there is more info if you visit those videos on youtuve and go through comments, unless I'm mixing his with other videos on YT and I have literally viewed hundreds over past few months to "steal ideas" or as I like to say - get inspired! :)

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was Tristian, I believe he is on this forum, who sent me to Anthony @ FramingTech for a quote. Anthony was very patient through some changes that I requested over the course of few weeks. I like things overbuilt so I changed some elements and added additional supports at the bottom to line up with ends of a 6ft sump. I also asked him to make the front access openings larger so that once wrapped, side doors will be same size as front right/left doors for easier access. I think I should be OK with 28" wide doors . They were fair with their price and so I went for it and placed my order on 7/10. Tristan has a video on YouTube going over delivery/build process.

It hasn't been delivered yet, but here is the design that I approved and ordered from FramingTech.

upload_2018-7-25_8-33-0.png

upload_2018-7-25_8-38-26.png

upload_2018-7-25_8-39-5.png

those of you with these aluminum stands, i have an IM APS stand which i think is similar, is it ok to drill into the few vertical supports in the tank? i ask because i want to mount some pvc hangers to support my manifold but at a loss as to where. i have a 4 foot wide stand and there are only 2 verticals in the back
IMG_3122.jpg

kremer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out www.kremco.net for your aluminum t-slot needs. The system is substantially stronger, better looking and has a easier assembly. I have built one tank stand last year and will be building another here in the next few weeks, will start a thread with updates and pictures. Included pictures of a presser station also a 12x12x8 pergola built out of Controlled Dynamics framing system.

WB9.JPG

Pergola 3.jpeg

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out www.kremco.net for your aluminum t-slot needs. The system is substantially stronger, better looking and has a easier assembly. I have built one tank stand last year and will be building another here in the next few weeks, will start a thread with updates and pictures. Included pictures of a presser station also a 12x12x8 pergola built out of Controlled Dynamics framing system.

WB9.JPG

Pergola 3.jpeg
Excellent resource! Thank you for sharing!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 83 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%

Back