Questions About An Apex.

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have only been reefing for a little under a year and throughout that time I have heard about the Apex systems around a million times. After doing research and hear about how much people love them I am ready to save up and splurge on one. Now being a college student already paying off loans, having to work around my classes, this is a really really big purchase for me. I was looking at a few local reefing FaceBook pages and found an Apex Classic that is being sold for around $400 or better offer. I messaged the guy about it and he said this, " it includes 2 EB8s, a WXM module, a lunar module, a breakout box, the lab grade ph probe, temp probe, and of course the other standard apex modules." Is this worth around $400? It is just over a year old, he bought it in April 2016, and started using it in may of 2016.

reefbroke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have only been reefing for a little under a year and throughout that time I have heard about the Apex systems around a million times. After doing research and hear about how much people love them I am ready to save up and splurge on one. Now being a college student already paying off loans, having to work around my classes, this is a really really big purchase for me. I was looking at a few local reefing FaceBook pages and found an Apex Classic that is being sold for around $400 or better offer. I messaged the guy about it and he said this, " it includes 2 EB8s, a WXM module, a lunar module, a breakout box, the lab grade ph probe, temp probe, and of course the other standard apex modules." Is this worth around $400? It is just over a year old, he bought it in April 2016, and started using it in may of 2016.

sounds like a good deal to me

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HeulittSalmi 400 for an apex with lab grade wxm 2 eb8 breakout and lunar is a really fair price. If i personally had access to it i would have already purchased.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only worth it if you actually have use for the 2nd EB8, WXM etc. Personally, I would not have use for any of the extra stuff as I don't have use for the WXM, lunar module, 2nd EB8 and so forth. So if it was me, I would buy a new one for $549. If you have use for the other goodies, then it's a great deal. If you purchased that package new, it would run about $940.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do buy it and don't plan to use it right away, get it running occasionally just to do periodic firmware updates (software). With my Apex I wasn't using it for 2 years and when I set it up again the firmware was so behind I wasn't able to do them by myself and had to get special services from Neptune to get it tuned up again.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great deal. Depending on what you are planning to do with it, you could flip the WXM, one of the EB8 modules, and the Lunar module and probably only be out of pocket a couple of hundred bucks.

SaltyEyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the APEX Gold. In my opinion you should spend the extra 400 on the Gold.

Waterjockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good deal to me. As others have said, you could sell off the bits you don't need to reduce your cost, or hang onto them for the inevitable ever-expanding system :)

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only worth it if you actually have use for the 2nd EB8, WXM etc. Personally, I would not have use for any of the extra stuff as I don't have use for the WXM, lunar module, 2nd EB8 and so forth. So if it was me, I would buy a new one for $549. If you have use for the other goodies, then it's a great deal. If you purchased that package new, it would run about $940.
He could always sell off what he didn't need to recoup costs, making this an excellent deal...

OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the APEX Gold. In my opinion you should spend the extra 400 on the Gold.

Any particular reason as to why?

And based off of everyones responses, I think I will pick up the system and sell the unnecessary parts to lessen the overall cost. Like I said I have never really used any form of controller before so itll be nice to sell those modules and get this a little cheaper.

Bluhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi need a little help looking thru the Info on the apex in here, and I like to buy one from the sponsors here,( but having problem finding a sponsor selling the apex) or link not working , I went to apex Page and they have a lot of the sponsors here who distributes, I know it me fumbling around the pc probably, so please can someone send me in the right direction? Thanx

Bluhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh I'm sooo confused how do i know which one to get apex gold, wifi or Jr is the wifi same as gold but works with wifi? I would like the one that has everything i need to set-up an go

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi need a little help looking thru the Info on the apex in here, and I like to buy one from the sponsors here,( but having problem finding a sponsor selling the apex) or link not working , I went to apex Page and they have a lot of the sponsors here who distributes, I know it me fumbling around the pc probably, so please can someone send me in the right direction? Thanx

ugh I'm sooo confused how do i know which one to get apex gold, wifi or Jr is the wifi same as gold but works with wifi? I would like the one that has everything i need to set-up an go

is this thing working?

PM sent!;)

Bluhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the info on Seneye Reef Pack? the pro n cons?

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are two completely different products. I sent you another PM and I'll call you to discuss it.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back