Questions about calcium, nitrate, and chlorine testers

Muffin87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
471
Reaction score
282
Location
Italy / UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. How important is the quality of ro/di water used with the calcium checker? Is ro/di water testing 0 with any TDS pen good enough, or does it need it need to be pharmaceutical grade purified water?

  2. In the dilution step of the nitrate test, does the nitrate-nitrite-free artificial sea water need to be produced from the same salt mix as the aquarium water I'm testing?

  3. Is the HI761 Ultra Low Range Total Chlorine Checker based on the DPD (N, N-diethyl-p-phenylenediamine) method? Can it be used to test reef tank water, or only freshwater?
    I need a DPD total chlorine test to check my tank water for residual oxidants such as bromite, bromate and hypobromous acid, which need to be lower than 0.02 mg/L.
Thanks a lot for this!
Sorry this is full of technicalities, I tried emailing your aquarium specialist about the second question, as it was suggested in another thread, but I didn't get an answer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new